Who we are
- U-23 men, Junior and Youth racing teams.
- Led by Flavio Zappi, a successful ex-professional and now coach, with deep experience and an uncompromising ethical stance on healthy racing.
- Working mostly with UK riders and providing a platform for success in Europe
- A calendar of UCI and National races for U-23 and Junior teams in Italy, Belgium, UK, Spain, Portugal, and France.
- A strong Italian vibe with a commitment to healthy racing, teamwork and close-up coaching.
Where we are at
Racing in UCI and National level races in Italy, Belgium, UK, Spain, and France. Including several top stage races in Italy, Belgium and France.
Close-up coaching, good diet and healthy living. Achieving eye-catching results at U-23 and Junior level in Italy, France, Belgium, Spain and UK.
Punching well above our weight on a tight budget. Achiveing great results in UCI and National races
Zappi Racing Team has placed several riders in professional teams:
Dan Pearson is joining a Pro Conti team for 2017
James Knox is at Team Wiggins.
Dexter Gardias and Will Fox are at Pedal Heaven
Charlie Quarterman joining a European Conti team for 2017.
Calendar 2017 – Major Races
Trofeo Alpendre (Portuga UCl)
Trofeo Piva (Italia UCI)
Giro Del Belvedere (Italia UCI)
Due Giorni Marchigiana (Italia National)
Coppa della Pace UCI 1.2 (Italia UCI)
Ronde de l’ Oise (France UCI)
Beaumont Trophy (UK UCI)
National Road Championships (UK)
Giro Della val D’Aosta (France/Italia UCI)
Astico-Brenta (Italia National)
Coppa Collechio (Italia National)
Ruota d’Oro (Italia UCI)
Piccolo Giro Dell’Emilia (Italia UCI)
Piccolo Giro di Lombardia (Italia UCI)
Circuito del Guadiana (Spanish National)
Guido Reybrouck Classic (Belgium UCI)
Cadence RR (UK National)a
Tour of Mendips (UK National)
GP Bati Metallo (Belgium UCI)
3 Days of Axel (Netherlands/Belgium UCI)
National Road Championship (UK)
Junior Tour of Basque Country (Spanish National)
Aubel – Thimister – La Gleize (Belgium UCI)
Giro di Basilicata (Italia UCI)
Junior Tour of Wales (UK National)
Trofeo Buffoni (Italia UCI)
Some Major Results in 2016
2nd Junior Tour of Mendips,
2nd Bath Road Race.
1st Silverstone Womens TTT
KOM, 4th stages 4 and 5. Tour of Wales
Top 10 Ras Cymri
3rd Giro di Basilicata
21st Giro Val D’Aosta (Italy’s top U-23 tour)
8th Trofeo Piva,
9th Piccolo San Remo
2nd in Zepperen – Zepperen,
6th in GP Bati Metallo
5th in Omloop der Vlaamse Gewesten
1st, and KOM in Copa De Espana (Junior)
5th Copa De Espana (U23)
Benefits for commercial partners
- Friends of Zappi RT: 2000 Facebook friends
- Flavio Zappi: 4000 facebook friends
- Zappi RT: 3500 pages:
- Reach: Approx. 5000 per week and reached 60,000 people in January
- We will work with partners to devise promotional campaigns to achieve their aims.
- Provide promotional collateral to support campaigns.
- We organise and participate in events with partners, their clients, “Friends of Zappi Racing”, and the broader audience.
- Invitations to races, team presentations, guided training sessions and rides.
The Zappi Goal
- To become an established Continental team, competing at the highest level in Europe by 2018.
- To keep our best riders as a foundation for building Zappi success in UK and Europe.
- To build team infrastructure to support and sustain racing success – based on our ethos of healthy living, good diet, and close-up coaching
- To build the Zappi promotions and communications infrastructure so that partners maximise benefit from engagement.